After two years at the Tryon International Equestrian Center, The 15th Annual USEA American Eventing Championships, is packing up and hitting the road again. This time headed west to the Colorado Horse Park! With every new year and every new venue, the AEC brings even more exciting amenities. We’re less than 100 days until the first day of competition, and here’s what we’re excited about:
- Festival Classes. New this year, USEA will offer non-championship divisions at AEC. These “festival classes” will be held at the beginner novice through preliminary level.
- The Colorado Horse Park. A new venue introduces a whole new edge to the competition. Even local riders will square up against an entirely new cross country course.
- West Coast Wonders. With the AEC moving west, it means we get a chance to see even more west coast super stars!
- Jr. Beginner Novice 14 & Under. So this isn’t a new addition, but it is an EN favorite. Cute ponies. Cute kids. The camaraderie and competition— we’re here for it. (See: #AEC17 Not-So-Live XC Updates: Jr. Beginner Novice 14 & Under Faceoff Showdown)
- The Fun! Our own Leslie Wylie called it best when she said it’s the “feel-good event of the year.” This is a pinnacle of competition for all levels. The smiles of accomplishment make this one of the best competitions all year.
AEC will run August 30-September 2, 2018 at the Colorado Horse Park in Parker, Colorado. The qualification period runs through August 20th, so you’ve got the rest of the summer to get qualified! Visit the USEA’s AEC website to learn more.