It’s a big weekend at Blenheim Palace International Horse Trials, which is hosting a CCI3*, CIC3* for 8/9-year-olds and the Event Rider Masters finale this weekend. We have a slew of American and Canadian riders competing in all three divisions, and Tilly Berendt is your reporter on the grounds keeping us up to date on all the action.
The Event Rider Masters CIC3* section will stream live starting tomorrow with dressage at 9:15 am. BST/4:15 a.m. EST at this link. BETV will live stream cross country and show jumping for the CCI3* and CIC3* at this link on Saturday and Sunday.
EquiRatings is providing statistics for Blenheim and crunched the numbers to give us facts and figures to follow throughout the weekend. Keep it locked on EN for everything you need to know from Blenheim. Go Eventing.
10 Blenheim Facts You Need to Know
- Fifty total pairs have scored in the 30s in dressage over the past two seasons of Event Rider Masters. This year’s Blenheim field has 20 pairs alone that have scored sub-40 at the three-star level, meaning we are in for a real treat in the first phase.
- The record low ERM dressage score is 30.8, scored by Thomas Carlile and Upsilon at Barbury Castle this summer. No pairs in the Blenheim field have a personal best below that score, but six horses in the field have scored sub-35 at the three-star level.
- Of all the Blenheim CIC3* winners this decade, Mark Todd and Landvision were the only victors to make the time on cross country. But all the winners this decade jumped clear and inside the time in show jumping.
- The 12 ERM winners have represented six different countries: France, Great Britain, China, Germany, New Zealand, and Australia. Riders from Ireland, Canada, the United States, and Belgium will be attempting to break into the winner’s club at Blenheim.
- Mr Bass has knocked only two rails in 19 international show jumping rounds with Laura Collett. They have become specialists at finishing on their dressage score and sit ninth on 40.4 after the first phase in the CCI3*.
- Deniro Z has won six of his eight international completions with Liz Halliday-Sharp — a 75% win rate. He has won his last five internationals in a row and has started off with a bang in his CCI3* debut, sitting fifth on 44.4.
- Chipmunk FRH had scored sub-40 in six of his last 10 international dressage tests with Julia Krajewski, including a 29.2 at Wiesbaden CIC3* last year. They lead the CCI3* on 33.4. This is their third best ever test and their best ever test outside of Germany.
- Cooley Rorkes Drift has jumped eight consecutive clear show jumping rounds with Jonty Evans. They sit in eighth place in the CCI3* on a dressage score of 40.0.