A date change for Chattahoochee Hills has turned this event into a solid option as a final preparation run for horses and riders bound for Rolex, and more attractive for pairs based in Florida as opposed to driving north for The Fork.
Despite healthier numbers this year, many of the more experienced horses have been aimed at the Advanced division. This means the CIC3* is a bit more openly contested this weekend amongst those less established at the level.
- The field in the CIC3* jumped from only three pairs last year to 20 for the 2017 edition.
- Since hosting the first Chattahoochee Hills CIC3* in 2013, the winner of this division has led from day one, save for the very first running. The winner of that inaugural 2013 edition? None other than Lauren Kieffer and Veronica making their first CIC3* start as a pair.
- Carlevo has been a force in the first phase with Buck Davidson, scoring sub-45 in five of his seven career three-star tests.
- Lauren and Veronica have scored within a point of 43.0 in either direction in all of their CIC3* tests since 2014.
Show Jumping Powerhouses
- Veronica is no slouch in the stadium department. She and Lauren have put in thirteen clear Advanced or CIC3* rounds out of sixteen in their partnership together.
- When cross country runs after stadium, Ellen Doughty-Hume and Sir Oberon have jumped rail free 80% of the time at the CIC3* level.
Cross Country Machines
- Despite their short partnership, Hawley Bennett-Awad and Jollybo have already created strong expectations for the cross country phase. Their slowest pace in three runs is only 12 seconds over the optimum time.
- When Whitney Mahloch and Military Mind jump clean across the country, they make sure to do it quickly, with an average pace of eight seconds under the optimum in three clean runs.
PREDICTED WINNER: Lauren Kieffer and Veronica
Keep Your Eye On
- Hawley Bennett-Awad and Jollybo
- Buck Davidson and Copper Beach
- Buck Davidson and Carlevo
- Whitney Mahloch and Military Mind