Equestrian Canada announced the Canadian Eventing Team for the 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games in a Facebook live announcement this evening. The horses and riders named to the team are:
- Hawley Bennett-Awad and Jollybo, a 14-year-old British-bred mare (Jumbo X Polly Coldunnell xx, by Danzig Connection xx) owned by The Jollybo Syndicate
- Lisa Marie Fergusson and her own Honor Me, a 12-year-old Welsh Sport Horse gelding (Brynarian Brenin X Dream Contessa xx, by Royal Chocolate xx)
- Colleen Loach and Qorry Blue d’Argouges, a 14-year-old Selle Francias gelding (Mr. Blue x Hardie du Bourg, by Count Ivor xx) owned by Peter Barry
- Selena O’Hanlon and Foxwood High, a 15-year-old Canadian Sport Horse gelding bred by Epstein Equestrian (Rio Bronco W X Evita II xx, by Abacus xx) owned by John and Judy Rumble
- Jessica Phoenix and her own Pavarotti, a 16-year-old Westphalian gelding (Pavarotti Van de Helle X Fidelia, by Foxiland) with Amara Hoppner’s Bogue Sound, an 11 -year-old Thoroughbred gelding (Crafty Shaw X Carolina Blue, by Victory Gallop), as direct alternate
Rob Stevenson will serve as chef d’equipe of the team.
Definite entries for WEG are due Sept. 3, so we can expect final team announcements and last-minute shake-ups coming over the next few days. Keep it locked on EN for all your official WEG news. Go Eventing.