It’s three-star dressage day at the Pedigree Bromont International Three-Day Event, and we’re kicking it off with five fast facts from EquiRatings! The sport’s top data company has started publishing really cool infrographics on their blog, so be sure to click over and check out the Bromont infographic here.
1. The only Canadian rider to finish on their dressage score since the Bromont CCI3* began in 2008 is Hawley Bennett-Award with Gin & Juice. They finished on 51.9 to win in 2009.
2. Two Canadians have won the CCI3* in the history of event: Hawley Bennett-Awad and Gin & Juice in 2009 and Jessica Phoenix and A Little Romance in 2014.
3. Boyd Martin has had 30 international top-five placings since June 1, 2016. That’s the second highest in the world in that timeframe, only behind Oliver Townend with 36. Boyd is competing six horses in total at Bromont.
4. Jennie Brannigan is on a clear cross country hot streak of 26 straight international runs. She is competing both Stella Artois and Cool As Ice in their CCI3* debuts at Bromont.
5. In the last five years, Boyd Martin and Steady Eddie are the only pair to make the time on cross country in the CIC3* at Bromont.
Keep it locked on EN for all of our coverage from Bromont. Go EquiRatings. Go Eventing.