Sweden has named four combinations and two reserves to the Swedish Eventing Team for the 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games, which will run Sept. 12-16 at at Tryon International Equestrian Center in Mill Spring, North Carolina.
Congratulations to the following horses and riders:
- Sara Algotsson Ostholt and Wega, a 17-year-old Swedish Warmblood mare (Irco Mena X La Fair, by Labrador 588) owned by Margareta Algotsson
- Anna Freskgård and Box Qutie, a 12-year-old Swedish Warmblood mare (Quite Easy X Lady Like KLT, by Little Boy 756) owned by Therese Örup
- Niklas Lindbäck and Focus Filiocus, an 11-year-old Swedish Warmblood gelding (Feliciano 823 X Blue Bells xx, by Be My Chief xx) owned by Tun Albertson
- Louise Svensson Jähde and Wieloch’s Utah Sun, a 14-year-old Holsteiner mare (Limbus X Imperial I, by Cor de la Bryere) owned by Stefan Wieloch and Hans Thomsen, or Waikiki, a 12-year-old Holsteiner mare (Quinar X Sila, by San Patrignano Cassini) she owns with Hans Thomsen
- Ludwig Svennerstål and El Kazir SP, a 14-year-old Belgian Warmblood gelding (Capriano X Katella, bu Blanc Rivage xx) owned by Jonathan and Jane Clarke, or Stinger, an 11-year-old Swedish Warmblood gelding (Spender S X On a Pedestal xx, by Waajib xx) owned by Skånegårdar AB
The reserve combinations are:
- Hanna Berg and Quite Survivor, a 13-year-old Swedish Warmblood gelding (Quite Easy X Flickan, by Labrador 588) owned by Mathilda Berg
- Malin Josefsson and Allan V, an 11-year-old Swedish Warmblood gelding (Lucky Point HE X Alice G, by Irco Mena) owned by Per and Miki Josefsson
Fredrik Bergendorff will serve as chef d’equipe for the Swedish team at Tryon.