Equestrians were honored last night at the 2018 FEI Awards presented by Longines in Manama, Bahrain. Congratulations to everyone for their well earned recognition for their excellence, commitment, dedication and courage. Let’s meet the winners.
World Champion Simone Blum, who became the first woman in the history of the FEI World Equestrian Games™ to win individual gold, received the Fosun Best Athlete Award.
“I am very proud to be the Fosun best athlete, I think it’s a dream of every rider,” Simone said. “A lot of really good riders got it before and to the people I want to say thank you a lot. It was a pleasure for me and I have the best fans and supporters. Thank you.”
USA’s Lee McKeever took the award for FEI Best Groom. Lee has groomed for McLain Ward for 30 years and shared some of his biggest victories including team gold at WEG in Tryon.
French eventer Victor Levecque received the Longines Rising Star Award. At only 20 years old, he already has a long list of accolades, including with European medals, including two gold medals and five French national champion titles to his name.
Ten years after winning the Rising Star Award, Alex Hua Tian of China, along with Philip Wong, accepted the FEI Solidarity Award for the Horsemanship charity programme in China.
The Against All Odds Award was presented to Leila Malki from Palestine. She is a role model to young women in her country and encourages women and girls to get involved in equestrian sport.
Need to support strong, sound bones in layups or young horses?
Ask your vet about BoneWise™.
• Maintains optimal levels of bone density when horses are confined to their stalls.
• Delivers a readily digestible, natural source of calcium and trace minerals necessary for optimal bone development.
• Supports enhanced bone mineral content and bone turnover that encourages the swift repair of microdamage.
• Supplies yeast cultures that support improved mineral and vitamin digestibility.
• Sustains vitamin D at levels necessary for healthy bone development.
For more information, visit KPPvet.com.