There wasn’t a dry eye in the house when Danish Para-dressage rider Stinna Kaastrup and her mount Horsebo Smarties completed a test that would secure them the Grade II Individual Para-Dressage individual gold medal at the World Equestrian Games in Tryon, North Carolina. Despite an error, the judges rewarded Stinna and Smarties top marks for their incredible consistency, accuracy and harmony.
Their lovely performance was even more impressive due to the fact that Stinna does not have legs. She also does not ride with any sort of strap anchoring her to her saddle. All who watched the ride were in awe not only of Stinna, but also of her beautiful relationship with Smartie and their obvious trust and care for each other.
Stinna was born without legs and started riding for physical therapy when she was very young. But her disability has never held her back. She says she lives a very normal life and has big dreams for the future.
Need to support strong, sound bones in layups or young horses?
Ask your vet about BoneWise™.
• Maintains optimal levels of bone density when horses are confined to their stalls.
• Delivers a readily digestible, natural source of calcium and trace minerals necessary for optimal bone development.
• Supports enhanced bone mineral content and bone turnover that encourages the swift repair of microdamage.
• Supplies yeast cultures that support improved mineral and vitamin digestibility.
• Sustains vitamin D at levels necessary for healthy bone development.
For more information, visit KPPvet.com.