Welcome to the American Eventing Championships. It can be a stressful and exhilarating time. It has the potential for what feels like epic success or a real crash and burn experience, at every level. It’s where it doesn’t matter if you are watching Beginner Novice or Advanced, every show jump round feels like a crucial moment for each horse and rider. It’s a thrilling championship atmosphere and should be celebrated!
After watching the Video Music Awards on Sunday, an artist who brings a similar dramatic, yet relatable, energy to her music is Lizzo. Now, if you don’t know Lizzo, go reexamine your life.
She’s a classically trained flutist and hip-hop/R&B/soul singer, who had the best album of the summer (Cuz I Love You). Lizzo can easily express all the emotions from joy to despair that you’d be able to find at the AEC.
- Arriving, brimming with possibilities:
2. Marveling at the wonder of the Kentucky Horse Park:
3. Trying to look your best as Big Name So&So rides by:
4. The joy of nailing your dressage test:
5. The determination of having not nailed your dressage test and striving for your come-from-behind victory:
6. Walking the cross country course:
7. Walking the cross country course again, trying to feel better about it:
8. Walking the cross country course a third time with someone who knows better than you:
9. Post-cross country relief:
10. Post-cross country party:
11. Preparing for show jumping:
12. Post-show jumping:
13. Not watching the people show jumping after you because, karmically, you don’t need that in your life:
14. See you next year:
Go Lizzo at the VMAs and Go Eventing!