A total of 35 combinations will take on Capt. Mark Phillips’ course in the $50,000 Devon Arena Eventing this Sunday, May 26, at the Devon Horse Show & Country Fair in Devon, Pennsylvania. The 1,000-meter course combining both show jumps and cross country fences will run under the lights in the iconic Dixon Oval and Wheeler Ring.
Last year’s winners, Chris Talley and Sandro’s Star, are returning to the defend the title, along with an exciting lineup of Olympians and five-star riders. Here’s the full entry list:
- Jules Ennis Batters and Cooley O
- Tracey Bienemann and Geoni
- Kristen Bond and I’m Sew Ready
- Jennie Brannigan and I Bella
- Hannah Sue Burnett and Lukeswell
- Cary Chavis and Game On
- Amanda Beale Clement and Carlson 119
- Amanda Beale Clement and Get Ready
- Buck Davidson and Carvelo
- Buck Davidson and Gaya
- Justine Dutton and MGH Heartbeat
- Natasha Erschen and Gran Torino
- Lisa Marie Fergusson and Honor Me
- Clayton Fredericks and Luksor
- Emily Hamel and Corvett
- Lizzy Jahnke and Snow Leopard
- Ema Klugman and Bendigo
- Ema Klugman and Joker’s Win
- Boyd Martin and Barry
- Boyd Martin and Contestor
- Caroline Martin and Cristano Z
- Caroline Martin and Quantum Solace
- Missy Miller and Quinn
- Hilary Moses and Zanadoo & Irish Turn
- Taryn Nolte and Cleverly
- Colleen Rutledge and Shiraz and
- Colleen Rutledge and Confidence Game
- Allie Sacksen and Sparrow’s Nio
- Alexandra Scannell and Faolan
- Juli Sebring and Welbourne
- Erin Sylvester and Campground
- Chris Talley and Faramund
- Chris Talley and Sandro’s Star
- Ryan Wood and Chusinmyconfession
- Ryan Wood and Powell
The course will run across 1,000 meters with 25 total fences: 15 cross country fences and 10 show jumps. All show jumps will be set at a maximum height of 1.20 meters, with a maximum height of 1.15 meters for cross country fences. The time allowed is 2 minutes, 38 seconds. Click here to view the fact sheet for the class.
The top 12 pairs after the first round, or all fault-free rounds, will be eligible for the jump-off in the Dixon Oval. The fastest time in the jump-off will take home the win and $12,500 in prize money.
The full prize money breakdown is as follows: 1st – $12,500, 2nd – $10,000, 3rd – $7,500, 4th – $5,000, 5th – $3,500, 6th – $2,750, 7th – $2,000, 8th – $1,500, 9th – $1,500, 10th – $1,250, 11th – $1,250, 12th – $1,250.
Click here to buy tickets. The course will be built at 5:30 p.m., followed by the course walk and arena familiarization at 6:15 p.m., with the start of the class at 7 p.m. If you can’t be there to watch in person, USEF Network will stream all the action live at this link.
Will you be celebrating Memorial Day Weekend at the Devon Horse Show & Country Fair? Let us know in the comments below.
This article has been updated to include the time allowed and link to the fact sheet with class specifications.