We are just two weeks away from North America’s only FEI Nations Cup Eventing leg, the Brook Ledge Great Meadow International CICO3*, presented by Adequan. The competition will take place July 6-8 in The Plains, Virginia, and we have a preview of the star-studded entry list:
- Shanon Baker (USA) and Ballingowan Zeal
- Emily Beshear (USA) and Olney Uncle Sam
- Tracey Bienemann (USA) and Geoni
- Kristen Bond (USA) and Enough Already
- Shelby Brost (CAN) and Crimson
- Will Coleman (USA) and Off the Record
- Will Coleman (USA) and Tight Lines
- Will Coleman (USA) and Soupcon du Brunet
- Charlotte Collier (USA) and Clifford M
- Buck Davidson (USA) and Park Trader
- Buck Davidson (USA) and Carlevo
- Cornelia Dorr (USA) and Louis M
- Phillip Dutton (USA) and Sportsfield Candy
- Sydney Conley Elliott (USA) and Cisko A
- Sydney Conley Elliott (USA) and QC Diamantaire
- Will Faudree (USA) and Caeleste
- Will Faudree (USA) and Michel 233
- Lisa Marie Fergusson (CAN) and Honor Me
- Clayton Fredericks (AUS) and Luksor
- Savannah Fulton (USA) and Captain Jack
- Lillian Heard (USA) and LCC Barnaby
- Ben Hobday (GBR) and Shadow Man
- Lindsay Kelley (USA) and Cooley Cruise Control
- Lauren Kieffer (USA) and Landmark’s Monte Carlo
- Lauren Kieffer (USA) and Paramount Importance
- Ema Klugman (AUS) and Bendigo
- Allie Knowles (USA) and Sound Prospect
- Allie Knowles (USA) and Business Class
- Allie Knowles (USA) and Morswood
- Chelsea Kolman (USA) and Dauntless Courage
- Leslie Law (GBR) and Voltaire de Tre
- Caroline Martin (USA) and Spring Easy
- Caroline Martin (USA) and Islandwood Captain Jack
- Caroline Martin (USA) and Jump Jet
- Megan O’Donoghue (USA) and Palm Crescent
- Selena O’Hanlon (CAN) and Foxwood High
- Jessica Phoenix (CAN) and Bogue Sound
- Jessica Phoenix (CAN) and Pavarotti
- Will Rawlin (GBR) and VIP Vinnie
- Waylon Roberts (CAN) and Lancaster
- Waylon Roberts (CAN) and Kelecyn Cognac
- Kim Severson (USA) and Cooley Cross Border
- Tamie Smith (USA) and Fleeceworks Royal
- Georgie Spence (GBR) and Halltown Harley
- Allison Springer (USA) and Lord Willing
- Erin Sylvester (USA) and Paddy the Caddy
- Lynn Symansky (USA) and Under Suspection
- Chris Talley (USA) and Unmarked Bills
- Chris Talley (USA) and Sandro’s Star
Great Britain named their Nations Cup team earlier this month, and we are waiting on pins and needles for the USA and Canada to name their teams.
Located in the heart of Virginia horse country and only 50 miles from Washington, D.C., attending Great Meadow International is the perfect opportunity to explore the rich horse history of Middleburg and beyond. More than 15,000 spectators are expected to be in attendance this year.
The Meadow Market is receiving a complete overhaul for the 2018 event, with a new layout featuring a stage for demonstrations and mini educational lectures. There will be live music throughout the weekend in the beer and wine garden overlooking the main arena. You can also win prizes and special discounts through the Meadow Market Scavenger Hunt.
Great Meadow has added tailgating overlooking the arena for both days of competition at the Nations Cup. Both the ringside tailgate spaces and reserved ringside boxes will give a prime viewing spot for the arena polo exhibition featuring celebrity players on Friday evening — stay tuned for more details!
The 2018 Great Meadow International Tailgate Contest sponsored by Red Truck Bakery will take place on Sunday, July 8 during cross country. The theme is “Around the World” to celebrate the Nations Cup. Scores will be based on interpretation of the theme, creativity and aesthetic appeal. Reserve a Great Meadow International Tailgate here, and don’t miss EN’s top tailgate tips here.
Dressage kicks off on Saturday morning in the main arena with world class footing from Attwood Equestrian Services, followed by show jumping in the evening. The competition concludes on Sunday with cross country and the prize giving.
General admission tickets are $25 for a one-day car pass or $40 for a weekend car pass, and parking is free. Click on the following links to purchase tickets: General Admission, Ringside Boxes, Tailgating, VIP Tent.
Click here to view the full event schedule. Be sure to follow the Brook Ledge Great Meadow International, presented by Adequan, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Visit the event website to lean more. Will you be attending Great Meadow this year? Let us know in the comments below!