Samantha and Glenn have been dedicated friends of Eventing Nation from our earliest days. This week, the 2010 show is packed with eventers, including Peter Atkins of helmet-cam fame. Also, a big shout out for linking to EN in the show notes. Check it out.
Re-live Rolex via Peter Atkins’ exhilarating helmet mounted video cam; we ask him what’s next – web cam for WEG? We also find out how Frances Stead keeps producing all these beautiful Clifton Event Horses from her base in New Zealand, how she found her Aussie rider Jock Paget, and what their plans are for the super talented 4* horse Clifton’s Promise this summer. And fresh off a very impressive debut at Badminton, the first Portugese Rider ever to complete, and with his sights firmly set on Lexington, Duarte Seabra. Plus all the latest 2010 WEG news you need to know. Listen in… 2010 Radio Show Episode 90 – Eventing Extravaganza (Samantha gets her way!):
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Guest: Peter Atkins – see his helmet cam video at www.runhennyrun.com.
- Guest: Frances Stead & Jonathan Paget from www.cliftoneventers.com.
- Guest: Duarte Seabra (see show notes picture above.)
- News: Following Rolex last week, seven of the US horses were asked to stay at the Kentucky Horse Park by the USEF, and be thoroughly evaluated by a veterinary panel, to assess their soundness and suitability as potential members of the US eventing team at the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games later this year.
- News: Reigning US National Champion Four In Hand driver, Chester Weber has announced that he will train and compete in North America this summer in preparation for the 2010 Alltech World Equestrian Games to be held later this year here in Lexington, Kentucky.
- News: Dressage Canada has announced it’s selection of combinations for their European Tour of four competitions, which, according to coach Robert Dover will give them great exposure and experience as they build a medal contending team for the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games.
- News: The Hunter discipline will make its debut on the world stage at the 2010 FEI World Equestrian Games at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky.
- News: Representatives of the Kentucky Department of Travel & Tourism, Alltech and the FEI World Equestrian Games will be touring 15 cities in eastern Kentucky next week to raise awareness of this world-class sporting event to be held at the Kentucky Horse Park Sept. 25 – Oct. 10, 2010.
- News: A public meeting was held in Midway, a few miles from the Kentucky Horse Park last week, and the majority decision means that a company may now bring in a temporary campground for visitors to the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games later this year
- News: Brentina, whom Debbie McDonald rode to Olympic and World Equestrian Games medals and a World Cup title, has given birth by embryo transfer to her first baby, a colt by the Hanoverian stallion Damsey.
- News: Six winners will be headed to the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games thanks to Farnam’s Countdown to Lexington Sweepstakes.
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
_________________________________________ Listen Now, Download or Subscribe: