Have you ever dreamed of writing about your sport for a living? Do you have a perspective and a direction for the hunter jumper universe that you want to share? Are you a self-motivated, well-spoken individual who isn’t afraid to put in the hours for a dream and a paycheck?
Jumper Nation — the newest member of the Nation Media tripod — is looking for a unicorn Assistant Editor who could handle day-to-day operations that include writing articles, coordinating and editing submissions, wielding the power of our awesome social media networks, and being a deciding voice in growing what JN is and what it will become.
This position has the potential to operate as a full or 25-30 hour part-time role for the right person, and is 100% remote. Some travel and coverage of events is possible depending on your location. Salary will be commensurate to experience.
- Writing news, features, editorials, show reports and other content for JumperNation.com
- Interviewing experts and developing content from those interviews
- Product Reviews
- Connecting to leaders, companies, and event organizers to bring in outside content and contributors.
- Coordinate with other Nation Media Editors to maintain strong voice and cross-post breaking and universal news.
- Champion Jumper Nation’s mission, vision and values
- Experience in journalism and writing
- Exceptional proofreading and editing skills
- Experience and savvy in both the hunter and jumper rings
- Skills in social media for businesses
- WordPress Experience
- Interest in / talent for photography helpful
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Knowledge of the US High Performance show jumping program and elite athletes
About Jumper Nation:
Established in 2015, Jumper Nation mission and identity in the Hunter/Jumper community is twofold:
- We are the informed, cheeky friend of the dedicated fan
- The invaluable resource and voice of the hardworking competitor at all levels and every income.
In a sport where the attention can be so focused on only the richest and best, the average amateur and professional riders who are truly the financial and emotional backbone of the H/J world are often overlooked.
We strive to help define the best moments of the elite, widely distribute the captivating stories of the underdog, and generate content that enriches every reader’s connection to their horse, their barnmates, and their discipline.
Come help us tell stories that people will want to talk about in the barn aisle — stories that ultimately betters the sport and the people in it.
Please send a resume and two writing samples (or links to writing samples) to our editor-in-chief, Lorraine Jackson at [email protected] with “Assistant Editor” in the subject line.