An event perpetually on my bucket list, Rebecca Farm is the ultimate destination event, with long hauls for almost everyone and vistas to make the drive worth it. The Broussards’ incredible support for the sport includes travel grants to offset the costs to get there — one of many things the family goes above and beyond for.
- In three years of running, the Rebecca Farm CCI3* has averaged a completion rate of only 53.85%, compared to an average completion rate of 67.56% for all of the other North American CCI3* events over the same time period.
- However, 24.68% of the finishers have made the time on cross country, compared to 18.44% for other North American CCI3* events.
- No one has yet managed to lead the division from start to finish, and only one pair has ever finished on their dressage score. That pair was Kurt Martin and DeLux Z, winners of the inaugural running of the CCI3* in 2015.
- Frankie Thieriot Stutes and Chatwin have been throwing down on the flat all spring, with three consecutive scores over 70%, two of which were over 75%. If they maintain that trend, a spot in the lead should be a foregone conclusion.
- Kristen Bond and Enough Already broke the 70% mark in their first outing at the level at Carolina this spring but have maintained right around 33 penalties in their two CIC3* starts.
- In three starts for the horse at this level, Maya Black and Mowgli have bounced as high as a 35.3, but then rebounded to achieve a 30.6 in their most recent start. An average of 32.8 for the level would put them in good standing in the small division.
Cross Country Machines
- Frankie Thieriot Stutes and Chatwin have also achieved quite the pace on cross country over the last two years, finishing an average of 1.4 seconds inside the optimum time. In their only CCI3* start, they finished only two seconds over optimum.
- In four clear rounds at the CCI3* level, Ellen Doughty-Hume and Sir Oberon have made the time in three of them. However, the only venue at which a clear cross country round was not also inside the time for them was at Rebecca in 2016, where they finished with 14.0 time penalties. Overall, they average 2.4 time penalties for clear rounds at this level.
- Sabrina Glaser and Rembrandt will be making their first CCI3* start this weekend, but in five starts at the Advanced/CIC3* level, they’ve never had a stop and have finished within 15 seconds of optimum in three of five runs.
Show Jumping Powerhouses
- Caroline Martin and Islandwood Captain Jack are the cream of the crop for show jumping this weekend, as this horse has yet to have a rail in five rounds at this level, including one with catch rider Leslie Law.
- Ellen Doughty-Hume and Sir Oberon are another pair to look to for a good round, jumping clear in three of their five CCI3* completions and never having more than one rail in the other two.
PREDICTED WINNER: Frankie Thieriot Stutes and Chatwin
Keep Your Eye On:
- Maya Black and Mowgli
- Caroline Martin and Islandwood Captain Jack
- Ellen Doughty-Hume and Sir Oberon
The Event at Rebecca Farm: Website, Schedule, The Event at Rebecca Farm Ride Times & Live Scores, NAYC Ride Times & Live Scores, The Event at Rebecca Farm Live Stream, NAYC Live Stream (use code NAYCE18 for a free fan membership), EN’s Coverage