Ocala is gearing up to welcome the winter season as eventers flock to warmer weather to flee the impending Polar Vortex II. Here are five reasons to get excited about the upcoming Ocala Winter Series:
1. Ocala Horse Properties has once again signed on as a title sponsor, showing their support for the eventing community and commitment to growing the sport in Florida.
2. JJ Johnson has joined the Equiventures team to help oversee the series. She has been an organizer for more than 25 years and officiated at three Olympic Games and the 2010 World Equestrian Games in Lexington.
3. The Florida Horse Park will be building permanent stabling in order to house a larger number of competitors and support multiple disciplines.
4. Hospitality will be offering beer, wine and food for both volunteers and competitors at all the events in the series, which will be held Nov. 15-16, Jan. 10-11, Feb. 6-8, and April 8-12.
5. A huge party will be thrown after the final event in April to celebrate the end of the Ocala winter season.
Visit Equiventures’ website to learn more about the Ocala Winter Series, and if you’re looking to escape the cold this winter, be sure to check out all the farms currently available in the area via our friends at Ocala Horse Properties.