We’ve all been there. While they certainly mean well, non-horsey folk just seem to ask the most out-of-the-blue questions about our chosen paths in life. I think the one I get the most is whether or not I race, or who said non-horsey person should place their bets on in the upcoming big race. Horse Nation’s Kristen Kovatch broke down some of the best questions we’ve all had to answer at some point:
We love when our non-horsey friends and family take an interest in our all-consuming passions. Until they ask us one of these…
1. OHMYGAWD BABY HORSES ARE SO CUTE!!!! When is he going to grow up?
No idea, that pony hasn’t grown in 27 years.
2. Are those horses in the field dead?
Contrary to popular belief, horses do lie down to sleep.
3. Why are your horses wearing blindfolds?
It’s been proven that blindfolded horses won’t get flies in their eyes.
4. Can horses really eat wood?
Yes, they’re actually close relatives of the beaver. See those collars around their neck? That’s how you can tell.
5. Do you ride western or eastern?
Neither. Both. Next question please.
6. Riding looks so easy. The horse does all the work, right?