As if watching gorgeous horses performing feats of strength for four days straight wasn’t enough to keep us entertained, the Ocala Jockey Club International Three-Day Event has a full lineup of extracurricular activities lined up both for competitors and the community.
- 12 – 1 p.m. – “Getting and Keeping Your Best Horses and Your Best Staff – the Art of Event Horse Syndication and Best Practices for Event Barn Staff as Independent Contractors.” Presented by Yvonne Ocrant and Tom Luetkemeyer, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP. Located at the OJC Clubhouse. Complimentary entry to competitors, owners, trainers and VIP Club. $25 to others.
- 4:30 p.m. – Competitor Wine & Cheese Welcome sponsored by Purina. Located at Purina Tent in Stabling Area. No Spectator Entry. Competitor Credentials Required for Entry.
- 12 – 1:15 p.m. – Ladies Luncheon with Liz Halliday-Sharp presented by Ocala Breeders Feed & Supply. Located at VIP Club in OJC Clubhouse. Admission is free to riders, officials and VIP Club credentials holders. $45 to Spectators, includes lunch and presentation.
- 4-5:30 p.m. – Cross-Country Course Walk with Lucinda Green. Starts at XC Start Box.
- 4:30 p.m. – High Performance Athlete Open Forum, located at Stabling Area Office.
- 6 p.m. – Happy Hour at Fredericks International Equestrian Tent.
- 6:30 p.m. – Friendsgiving Dinner, hosted by the Ruppel Family. Credentials required (riders, grooms, owners invited). No spectator entry. Located at Fredericks International Equestrian Tent.
- Spectator Events include Tailgating, Handsome Hat Day Competition (win $650 in cash prizes and more!), Kids Outdoor Fall Festival, and demonstrations.
- All demonstrations are located in the OJC Main Arena.
- 9:30 a.m. – Celtic Dancers
- 10:30 a.m. – 4:10 p.m. – Ringside Beer Garden
- 11:30 a.m.- Dance Alive National Ballet
- 11:50 a.m. – Elisa Wallace and her Mustang Hwin
- 12:10 p.m. – Tik Maynard Horsemanship Demonstration
- 12:30 p.m. – Dance Alive National Ballet
- 12:50 p.m. – Herding Dog Demonstration by Billy Bishop
- 1:10 p.m.- “Highway” – the I-75 Miracle Horse
- 1:30 p.m. – Mary Phelps – Driving her 2019 World Champion Pony Pair, “the Gangsters”
- 1:50 p.m.- Celtic Dancers
- 2:10 p.m. – Gentle Carousel Miniature Therapy Horse Demonstration
- 2:30 p.m. – Elisa Wallace and her Mustangs Fledge & Rune
- 9 a.m. -7 p.m. – Kids Outdoor Fall Festival, located near Vendor Village and OJC Main Arena
- 16:40-18:40 – Retired Racehorse Project Master Class
- The Ocala Jockey Club is presenting complimentary tours of various aspects of the farm at set times of the day. To schedule your tour time, sign up online. Enjoy your choice of:
- Farm and Townhome Tour
- Stallion Tour
- OJC Clubhouse Tour, or
- Morning Nature Photography Tour.
- Vendor Village – Shopping and food, located next to OJC Main Arena.
- VIP Club in OJC Clubhouse – Badges Required for Entry.
- Beer Garden!
View a complete schedule of events and activities here.