Welcome to Throwback Thursday! Each Thursday, we will be bringing you some vintage eventing photos and posts. Do you want to show us your first horse or a photo of your early riding days? Email [email protected]
I’ve decided to put a different spin on Throwback Thursday this week, and it will require you to do some homework! Never fear, there will be a prize handed out to a randomly selected winner who correctly answers the following trivia questions correctly.
This week, I stumbled upon some video from the 1986 World Championships. In all actuality, I was reading about the career of Derek di Grazia in hopes of finding some vintage photos, and in my YouTube searches I found this awesome footage and thought it would make for some fun trivia.
Some of the answers can be found in the video, but not all. Please post your answers in the comments of this post, and we will randomly select a winner from the pool of correct answers. Good luck, and happy hunting!
1. Where were the 1986 World Championships held? (I’m just giving you one to get warmed up!)
2. What horse did Derek di Grazia compete in the World Championships in 1986?
3. Who was the leader after dressage?
4. Name the fence that Mark Todd fell from Charisma. (The one fall rule still gets me to this day. Plus, Sir Todd gets some major props for the ease with which he can just hop back in the saddle)
5. Who went on to be the highest placed U.S. horse and rider that year?
Only one answer post per person, please. Additional entries will not be put into the winners’ pool. Best of luck!
Classic pictures and videos are priceless, but today’s innovations make it so much easier to keep our horses feeling and performing their best. They may be black and white, but Ice Horse’s line of products deliver a full spectrum of cold therapy. Check out the Ice Horse Evendura ice compression wraps, the Big Black Boot for concentrated hoof cooling and Ice Horse continuous cooling machines.