What’s the secret to super-fit event horses? A mountainside is a good start.
At home, the O’Connors enjoy a mile-long climb that takes you 600 feet up in elevation. David walks us through why conditioning is important, and why hill work should be a key component in any event horse’s fitness. Trust me, this is a cool video if you like to nerd out on heart rate + more with David O’Connor!
Need to support strong, sound bones in layups or young horses?
Ask your vet about BoneWiseTM.
- Maintains optimal levels of bone density when horses are confined to their stalls.
- Delivers a readily digestible, natural source of calcium and trace minerals necessary for optimal bone development.
- Supports enhanced bone mineral content and bone turnover that encourages the swift repair of microdamage.
- Supplies yeast cultures that support improved mineral and vitamin digestibility.
- Sustains vitamin D at levels necessary for healthy bone development.
For more information, visit KPPvet.com.