The Kildare Hunt Club Performance Hunter Show is held annually at the Punchestown Racecourse in County Kildare, Ireland. The competition is described as looking to identify, “the finest hunting horse in Ireland.” Three classes are offered: huntsman, hunter and sidesaddle with the huntsman group being the most advanced.
One at a time, competitors navigate a course which features 12 natural obstacles normally seen during a hunt including hedges, post and rail fences, ditches and stone walls.
We’ve long known that foxhunters are their own breed of insanity in the middle, and like any loyal Game of Thrones fan, they’re eager to say, “Winter is Coming” as they await an upcoming season. So without further ado, here are gritty, Irish foxhunters doing their thing GOT style.
Need to sustain a healthy hindgut?
Ask your vet about ProbioticWise™.
- Maintains the healthy population of beneficial bacteria throughout the GI tract
- Supports the restoration of normal GI tract function in horses challenged by diarrhea
- Supports complete digestion of starch and sugar in the foregut, lowering the risk of hindgut upset and pH imbalances (acidosis) that can lead to colic and laminitis
- Supports reduced inflammation levels in GI tract tissues
- Supplies nutrients to the gastrointestinal tissues that support the healing of stomach and colonic ulceration
- Supplies polyphenols, nucleotides, and polysterols—antioxidants that contribute to the maintenance of healthy intestinal cell membrane function
For more information, visit KPPvet.com.