We’re sliding into the final FEI event on the North American calendar this week with the Dutta Corp. Tryon International Three-Day Event. This event serves as the USEF CCI4*-L National Championship as well as Championships for Young Riders.
A full slate of action begins in earnest tomorrow with dressage, and you will be able to follow the 4*-L competition live on the USEF Network all week. Viewers can watch live and on demand for free with a USEF Fan account or take 40% OFF an annual USEF Subscriber Membership with promo code Tryon22. Edit on 11/10: The updated USEF Network broadcast schedule can be found here.
The tentative schedule (subject to change — we’ll update if we see changes!) for the 4*-L is as follows (full schedule here):
Thursday, November 10
4 p.m. EST – 5 p.m. EST: Dressage
Friday, November 11
8 a.m. EST – 9 a.m. EST: Dressage
Saturday, November 12
11:45 a.m. EST – 12:55 p.m. EST: Cross Country
Sunday, November 13
2:50 p.m. EST: Show Jumping
A total of 18 combinations will come forward to compete for the USEF 4*-L National Championship. Highlights of the entry list include:
- Hallie Coon and Global Ex, who were 7th individually at Boekelo last year
- Phillip Dutton and former Esib Power ride Azure will do their first 4*-L together, the 10-year-old mare’s second attempt at the level
- Jacob Fletcher, on a hot streak this year with the 12-year-old Fabian, make their first 4*-L as a pair
- Liz Halliday-Sharp has re-routed Ocala Horse Properties‘ Deniro Z here after an untimely hoof bruise kept him out of competition at Maryland last month
- Dan Kreitl brings forward Carmango for both his and the horse’s first go at the 4*-L level, coming tantalizing close to winning the Lexington 4*-S in April of this year
- Top 3 at Bromont in her first 4*-L, Contessa stands with a competitive shot for Boyd Martin this weekend
We’ll also be following along with the 1* and 2* Junior/Young Rider Championship divisions, which feature 19 and 18 combinations, respectively, and will be held in team format. We’ll provide more information on this competition as it becomes available.
For anyone in the area who wants to help out, there are plenty of volunteering opportunities still to be had — click here to sign up.
While we don’t have a reporter on site this weekend, you can still find daily reports and updates right here on EN, so be sure to stay tuned for much more from this exciting fall finale!