Australia is the latest team to announce their final squad for the FEI World Equestrian Games at Tryon International Equestrian Center in Mill Spring, North Carolina. Congratulations to the following horses and riders:
- Chris Burton and Cooley Lands, a 10-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding (Cavalier Land X Clover Light Girl, by Clover Hill) owned by Joe and Kate Walls
- Sam Griffiths and Paulank Brockagh, a 15-year-old Irish Sport Horse mare (Touchdown X Calendar Girl, by Trigerrero) owned by Steve and Dinah Posford, Jules Carter and Sam Griffiths
- Andrew Hoy and Vassily de Lassos, a 9-year-old Anglo-Arabian gelding (Jaguar Mail X Illusion Perdue, by Jalienny) owned by Paula and David Evans
- Bill Levett and Lassban Diamond Lift, a 10-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding (Easy Lift xx X Lassban Chow Bella, by Diamond Chin) owned by Elisabeth Murdoch
- Shane Rose and Virgil, a 13-year-old Australian Warmblood gelding (Vivant X North Pole xx, by North Star xx) owned by Michelle Hasibar
The three unranked reserves are:
- Emma McNab and Fernhill Tabasco, owned by Kevin McNab, Dom and Poppy Worcester, and Julia and Jamie Dougall
- Rob Palm and Cassie Lowe’s Koko Story
- Amanda Ross and Koko Popping Candy, owned by Christine Brown and Fraser Brown
This is the third consecutive time Sam Griffiths and Paulank Brockagh have been selected for an Australian championship team, a feat achieved only twice before by Gillian Rolton and Peppermint Grove and Sonja Johnson and Ringwould Jaguar.
The Aussie WEG squad will participate in a training camp prior to departure for Tryon at Hartpury Equestrian College in Gloucester, UK.