Brazil has announced the eventing team for the 2019 Pan American Games, which will take place Aug. 1-4 in Lima, Peru. The U.S., Canada and Brazil are all seeking qualification for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games in Lima. The teams that clinch gold and silver medals will secure Tokyo qualification.
Congratulations to the following horses and riders:
- Carlos Parro and Quaikin Qurious, a 10-year-old British-bred mare (West Point Quickfire X Should Be Good, by Silent Hunter) owned by Helena Ashworth
- Marcelo Tosi and Starbucks, an 8-year-old British-bred gelding (Showmaker X Smash Hit, by Sandro Hit) owned by Marcelo and Anna Louise Ross
- Marcio Appel and Iberon Jmen, a 17-year-old Holsteiner gelding (Indoctro X Landina Jmen, by Landino) owned by Samantha Tonello
- Rafael Losano and Fuiloda G, a 9-year-old Finnish-bred mare (Van Gogh X Quilado Z, by Good Night) owned by the Losano Family
- Ruy Fonseca and Ballypatrick SRS, an 8-year-old Irish Sport Horse (Pacino X Ballypatrick Romance, by Clover Hill) owned by Ruy and Renata Rabello Costa
If you missed the other team announcements for the Pan Ams, follow the links below:
Click here to catch up on all of EN’s pre-coverage of the Pan Ams as we count down to Peru. Go Eventing.