With Burghley behind us, we’ve got all eyes on this year’s Pan-American Games, set to take place from October 26-29 in Santiago, Chile. This hybrid 3*-L/4*-L event features CCI4*-L dressage and showjumping phases, while cross-country will be run as an 8-10 minute CCI3*-L track. The competition, which will include teams from North, Central, and South America, is, most pertinently, the final chance for teams to qualify for next year’s Paris Olympics. The top two as-yet-unqualified nations will receive a berth at the Olympics, and as the US has already clinched their spot at last year’s World Championships in Pratoni, we’re expecting strong bids from both Brazil and Canada, leading the charge of the rest of the nations.
To that end, the Brazilian team has announced its line-up for next month’s Games, with a full roster of British-based talent stepping up to bat.
- Carlos Parro and Safira
- Marcelo Tosi and Starbucks
- Marcio Carvalho Jorge and Kilcoltrim Kit Kat, Royal Encounter, or Castle Howard Casanova
- Rafael Mamprin Losano and Withingthon or Master Quality Imp
- Ruy Leme de Fonseca Filo and Ballypatrick SRS
The reserve horses and riders, in alphabetical order, are:
- André Parro and Carin L
- Marcelo Tosi and Siena Agromix
- Pedro Henrique de Resende Nunes and Tamanho do Rincão
- Vinicius Albano Almeida Leal and Texas do Rincão
The team trainer for Brazil will be British Olympian William Fox-Pitt, assisting National Coach Guto de Faria and chef d’equipe Julie Louisa Purgly.