There’s going to be more sport to watch at the 2020 Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event. The event just announced that an Advanced level combined test has been added to the schedule. Advanced dressage is tentatively scheduled for Friday morning, with the show jumping portion of the combined test happening before the five-star jumping on Sunday.
Spectators: No extra tickets are required to watch the combined test– your same Friday or Sunday stadium ticket lets you experience both competitions. Advance ticket pricing ends March 5, so get your tickets today. (As a side note, we hear that tickets for the Grand Prix on Saturday, April 25, are going fast — here’s the link to purchase. And while you’re at it, be sure to enter to win the Land Rover VIP Insiders Package Sweepstakes; entries close on April 1.)
Competitors: Want to compete in the EEI Advanced Combined Test? Competition details and entry information here. The fine print:
- Only entries from horses/riders that are qualified to run an Advanced Horse Trials will be accepted.
- The dressage test will be Advanced Test B.
- Max number of horses per rider = two. More than two ONLY with special permission from the OC.
- The combined test will be scheduled in such a way that the horse and rider combinations will have the opportunity to compete in the atmosphere of Rolex Stadium with spectators whenever possible. The rides will be scheduled around the existing, provisional CCI5* schedule.
- There will be a maximum number of competitors that will be determined once the CCI5* competitor list is finalized. The entries will be accepted based on the FEI Eventing World Athlete Ranking List at the time of closing date – March 24, 2020 and then by postmarked date.
- Horses entered in the CCI5* may NOT compete in both the CCI5* and the Combined Test. They may NOT change divisions at any time either from CCI5* to the CT unless permission is granted by the OC.
- Admission information to LRK3DE will be provided upon receipt of entry for the Advanced CT and is different than the CCI5* entry.
- Horse entered in the CT, even if ridden by a 5* competitor, will NOT be stabled in the FEI stabling enclosure.
What a great idea for acclimating event horses to Kentucky’s electric atmosphere while padding out the schedule a bit for spectators. Looking forward to seeing who ends up on the combined test entry list!
The Land Rover Kentucky Three-Day Event takes place April 22-26, 2020 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY. More information is available at the website here.