Stable View’s hotly anticipated new March international date got bounced last year due to the season’s lengthy Covid-19 disruption. The event is making up for lost time this year, though, with Stable View Spring CCI-S 1/2/3/4* Horse Trials & Adequan USEF Youth Team Challenge all set to take place March 25-27, 2021.
Just under 200 entries were received upon closing date this week, March 9, and they’ll be accepting a few more with a late fee. For more info, visit the website here and view the USEA calendar listing here.
Here are eight reasons why we’re excited about Stable View Spring:
- Stable View is the first round of the Adequan® / USEF Youth Team Challenge. The Adequan® / USEF Youth Team Challenge will mimic the Nations Cup Series with selected short formats leading up to a fall long format on both coasts. Athletes 25 and under are invited to participate, with each team consisting of three to four horse/athlete combinations. Learn more here.
- Entries are limited to 225 with a money-back guarantee in the event of cancellation. Throughout these uncertain times, Stable View has been sensitive to the plight of competitors, generously offering a full refund should their horse trials get canceled for any reason.
- $60,000 in prize money is offered, with each level receiving a portion. Need we say more?
- It’s Stable View’s first 1*, 2*, 3* and 4* with no national divisions. There will just be four tracks, meaning an uncluttered course and the opportunity for riders to give their 100% focus to their top horses. As the event runs Thursday through Saturday, riders can still compete their national-level horses on Sunday, March 28 at the Full Gallop one-day event.
- The facility just keeps getting better. The cross country courses are expertly designed by Mark Phillips (4* and 3*) and Mogie Bearden Muller (1* and 2*). Show jumping will be held on the new Attwood Equestrian Surfaces Arena (320’ X 230’), with courses designed by Chris Bernard featuring brand fences. All show jumping and dressage will be held on Attwood Equestrian Surfaces footing.
- Stable View is serious about cross country safety. Approximately 50% of the cross country jumps are either new or have [MIM] frangible Technology — the venue has been at the leading edge regarding support for and the use of this technology.
- Social gathering, safely. In lieu of competitors’ parties and the riders’ lounge, Stable View offers a “Graze and Gaze” for competitors and owners outdoors, using the cross country jumps, by the Pavilion on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings.
- New EHV-1 Procedures are in place. All riders and horses (or their groups) will be separated by an empty stall. No spectators. All Covid-19 Procedures remain in place and will be enforced.
We’re looking forward to it. See you there!