The famous meteorological rodent Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow yesterday morning, which means six more weeks of winter. I think most will agree that this winter and its polar vortex can pack up and get the heck out of here, but the groundhog says we’re not done yet, which means:
- Six more weeks of frozen water buckets.
- Six more weeks of frozen muddy moon-scape paddocks.
- Six more weeks of Carhartts, gloves, scarves, wool socks and still feeling cold.
- Six more weeks of icy cold bits, quarter sheets, heavy blankets and static.
- Six more weeks of wishing you were south in Aiken (wait, it’s snowing there too). Make that Ocala.
Curse that groundhog. Canada, please take your winter back. Bring a sturdy halter and a chain shank, and let’s fix up that border fence to keep your cold weather where it’s supposed to be!
How are you faring in this winter from hell? Post your grievances in the comments below. Stay safe out there, EN!