What a perfect weekend for an event! GMHA hosted its annual June horse trails this Saturday and Sunday, and everything appeared to go swimmingly. The weather was nearly perfect at 70 degrees and mostly sunny — hardly any bugs and the footing was perfect. GMHA ran Beginner Novice through Prelim, and there seemed to be quite a lot of spectators, vendors, dogs and a lot of action in general, which was awesome. I’m not sure if it was just me, but this particular event seemed more built up this year than in years past.
Random stats from this weekend:
- There were approximately 210 competitors this weekend
- Lowest score from the weekend: 20.5, Erin Renfroe riding Porter Creek in Open Training
- The majority of each division jumped around cross country with no problems
- Most adorable pony sightings
In general, the show jumping courses ran fairly smoothly, despite a few problems in the Prelim divisions, and the cross country courses seemed very appropriate for this time of the year. Thank you, GMHA and volunteers, for putting on another lovely event!
Don’t forget that the Festival Of Eventing is coming soon!
- Two whole weeks of eventing — what more could you want in life?! There will be the Novice/Training three-day July 28-31; a clinic with Bobby Costello, Bonnie Moser, Jon Holling and Peter Gray Aug. 4-6; and Beginner Novice through Intermediate horse trials PLUS a CIC* Aug. 8-10. Note that opening dates are as follows: N/T Three-Day is June 3, and the regular horse trials opens June 24th.
- Cross country courses designed by Tremaine Cooper and Janine McCalin with brand new jumps at for all levels.
- Seriously awesome prizes, including TWO saddles from Bates and other prizes from Weatherbeeta USA, as well as products from sponsors Strafford Saddlery, Bit of Britain, SmartPak, Stubben and Tredstep Ireland.
- Trade fair and competitors party on grounds
For more info and updates, visit www.gmhainc.org and follow GHMA Festival on Facebook.