Team Great Britain eventer Tom McEwen capped off a bang-up 2021 by being honored as Uvex Helmets Professional Rider of the Year at the 2021 Horse & Hound Awards on Wednesday. After the 2020 virtual awards, more than 250 sponsors and guests were excited to return to a glittering in-person celebration held at Cheltenham racecourse.
Highlights of Tom’s year include earning team gold and individual silver at the Tokyo Olympic Games with Toledo de Kerser, followed by a second place finish at Pau with CHF Cooliser. Upon receiving the Professional Rider of the Year award, he shared what it meant to have such a special partnership with Toledo.
Huge congratulations to Tom McEwen Eventing – Professional Rider of the Year!!!
Horse & Hound Awards 2021
Posted by Eventing Riders Association of Great Britain – ERA of GB on Wednesday, December 1, 2021
We’re big fans of Tom around here. Congrats!
Other eventers honored included Lauren Innes for Pikeur Amateur Rider of the Year, who competes her own Global Fision M at the four-star level; Laura Colett’s groom Tilly Hughes for Absorbine Groom of the Year, and British Equestrian Performance Director Dickie Waygood for Outstanding Contribution.
The Horse & Hound Awards 2021 winners:
● Bloomfields Horse of the Year: Explosion W
● Stallion AI Services Pony of the Year: Redwings Phoenix
● Uvex Helmets Professional Rider of the Year: Tom McEwen
● Pikeur Amateur Rider of the Year: Lauren Innes
● NAF Five Star Magic Moment of the Year: Ben Maher winning Olympic gold
● Tommy Hilfiger Equestrian Young Rider of the Year: Ruby Hughes
● NAF Five Star PROFEET Farrier of the Year: Chris Bailey
● Horse Dialog Equestrian Club of the Year: Stoneleigh
● Absorbine Groom of the Year: Tilly Hughes
● Dengie Volunteer of the Year: Adrian Bigg
● Baileys Horse Feeds Vet of the Year: Elizabeth Frew
● Outstanding Contribution: Dickie Waygood
● Horse & Hound Lifetime Achievement: Allister Hood
Congrats to all! You can read a full report from the 2021 Horse & Hound Awards here.