US Equestrian is pleased to announce the athlete-and-horse combinations that will compete at the 2022 FEI WBFSH Eventing World Breeding Championship for Young Horses. The event will take place Oct. 20-23 at Le Lion d’Angers, France.
The following athlete-and-horse combinations are listed in alphabetical order:
- Phillip Dutton (West Grove, Pa.) with Denim, a 2015 Holsteiner gelding owned by Caroline Moran, Ann Lapides, and Neill Sites
- Liz Halliday-Sharp (Lexington, Ky.) with Shanroe Cooley, a 2015 Irish Sport Horse gelding owned by Ocala Horse Properties
- Caroline Martin (Miami Beach, Fla.) with HSH Blake, a 2015 Irish Sport Horse gelding owned by Caroline Martin, Sherrie Martin, and Mollie Hoff; and King’s Especiale, a 2015 KWPN gelding owned by Redfield King’s HX Group (also the likely recipient of the 2022 Holekamp/Turner Grant)
- Lucia Strini (Scottsville, Va.) with Keynote Dassett, a 2015 KWPN gelding and FE Caspian, a 2015 Oldenburg gelding, both owned by Plain Dealing Farm
- Cornelia Dorr (Manchester by the Sea, Mass.) with DHI Z, a 2016 Zangersheide mare owned by Cornelia Dorr and Ann Wehrle
- Caroline Martin (Miami Beach, Fla.) with HSH Connor, a 2016 Irish Sport Horse gelding owned by Caroline Martin, Sherrie Martin, and Luann McElduff
The FEI Eventing World Breeding Championship for Young Horses is a collaboration between the FEI and the World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses that showcases 6- and 7-year-old eventing horses at the CCI2*-L and CCI3*-L level, respectively. It has taken place since 2000 at the Haras National du Lion in Le Lion d’Angers, France. Learn more at www.mondialdulion.com/en.