The American Eventing Championships are just 60 days away on Sept. 25-28, and our friends at the USEA compiled a great list of tips on making the long haul to Tyler, Texas. If you’re qualified for the AECs but nervous about trailering or the cost, read on — you might find a way to make it work after all.
From the USEA:
- Use the USEA Ride Share Listings to find a travel partner and share a trailer.
- To keep your horse overnight without breaking the bank, look into local or state fairgrounds.
- Check out sites like www.horsetrip.com or www.horsemotel.com for more ideas on where to keep your horse overnight.
- Consider buying the Nationwide Overnight Stabling Directory & Equestrian Vacation Guide at www.overnightstabling.com.
- If you need somewhere cheap or free to hang your hat overnight, www.CouchSurfing.com has become a popular resource.
Those are just five of the USEA’s great tips on traveling to the AECs, so be sure to click here to read the full list of recommendations. This is the 10-year anniversary of the AECs, and the USEA will give out $100,000 in prize money across the divisions, along with a ton of great prizes. Click here for everything you need to know about the AECs.