Winona H.T. Is Postponed

Winona Horse Trials, originally scheduled for May 8-10 at Stone Gate Farm in Hanoverton, OH, is sadly among the list now numbering over 20 USEA events that have been canceled or postponed due to COVID-19 concerns. We are glad, however, to hear that they are seeking a postponement date.

Owners Jackie and Dave Smith issued the following statement:

“It’s hard to believe that the Winona Horse Trials is being added to the ever-growing list of competitions adversely affected by the Coronavirus.  Due to the latest updates and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Ohio, it is with great sadness and frustration that the Winona Horse Trials scheduled for May 8-10 at Stone Gate Farm will not run in May.  However, we do plan on running at a later date.

“We currently have the approval of the USEA Area VIII Chairman to change the date and a formal request has been sent to United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) and United States Eventing Association (USEA).  We hope to make a formal announcement soon, but with the upcoming opening date just around the corner we wanted to give our riders a heads up. 

“We’re looking forward to celebrating the 35th Anniversary of the Winona Horse Trials with all our loyal competitors, volunteers, officials, friends and family even if it has a little later than originally planned.

“In the meantime, stay safe, stay strong and stay sane … ride on!!

“Dave & Jackie”

We’ll share that postponement date when it becomes confirmed. Please keep an eye on the Winona H.T. Facebook page for updates. Go Eventing.