COVID-19: Chattahoochee Hills, Stable View Confirm Upcoming Competitions Will Run

Chattahoochee Hills has announced its intention to run their April 3-5 event. Photo by 4 Props Aerial.

In light of recent USEA, USEF and FEI statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Chattahoochee Hills, Fairburn, GA, and Stable View, Aiken, SC, announced today their intention to hold upcoming events.

Chattahoochee Hills, planned for April 3-5, is still accepting national and international entries. At time of publication, the event falls outside the window of USEA suspension, so results at Beginner Novice, Novice and Training levels will count toward year-end points and championship qualifications. International results will continue to be recognized by the FEI. USEF results — at Modified, Preliminary, Intermediate, and Advanced levels — will not be recognized by USEF.

Stable View, March 27-28, is accepting CCI1*-S, CCI2*-S, CCI3*-S, and CCI4*-S entries. Official statements from both organizations are included below.

Chattahoochee Hills H.T.

Chattahoochee Hills General Manager Hugh Lochore released the following statement to EN:

“In light of recent announcements made by FEI, USEF and USEA, Chatt Hills would like to make the following statement.

“Chatt Hills is open for business. Our CCI event – April 3-5 – will run as planned. We believe that at Chatt we run a slightly different model to other larger FEI events in that we don’t have sponsors, corporate, or public through the gate – we don’t operate as a ‘gathering location’ and will be urging competitors planning to come to our event to use vigilance, distancing and recommended hygiene steps to mitigate any chances of COVID-19 circulating our facility.

“EventEntries are taking entries for all classes and will not be running any payments until competitors arrive on site.”

Designer Builders Stable View Spring CCI-S

“Further to Stable View’s Announcement on Friday evening, we are intending to run the Designer Builders 1*,2*,3* and 4* on March 27-28.

“Social Distancing will be encouraged. There will not be a Competitor Party and Vendor Alley has been cancelled. Spectators will be discouraged. A significant number of additional hand sanitizers/wash stations have been ordered.
This event serves as an FEI qualifier but is NOT a USEF qualifier.

“As Riders are aware, due to its two day format, the Designer Builders 1*,2*,3* and 4* is limited to 155 entries. We are however working with USEF (via the provision of an additional Ground Jury) to see if it’s possible to accommodate additional entries.

“All riders requesting a refund by Monday March 17 at noon will receive a full refund. Riders are being individually emailed to this effect.

“Prize money will still be offered as listed in the Omnibus. Any riders wishing to compete, but to cancel their stabling will receive a full stabling refund. At this time our entries are full but we have started a wait list and will pull riders from that wait list as scratches come in from those requesting refunds.”

The USEA has suspended all recognized events from March 16-30. Additionally, the FEI and USEF have issued a recommendation that all competitions be suspended for the next 30 days (through mid-April). As of this time, the following USEA recognized events have officially been canceled, postponed or modified:

Click here for a rolling list of equestrian events that have been canceled or postponed.