COTH: “In a nutshell, the two new changes to GR 410 Equine Drugs and Medications will work in concert to allow an interim time to collect data and educate the membership. But effective Dec. 1, 2011, only one NSAID will be permitted.
Other details include:
“Jamie Link, the CEO of the World Games 2010 Foundation Staff, provided an Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games update. As of today, 251 days until the WEG begins on Sept. 25, the figures include:
- WEG has reached 57 percent of overall revenue goals.
- 86 percent of sponsorship goals.
- 46 percent of hospitality goals.
- 52 percent of tradeshow goals.
- 45 percent of ticket sales goals.”
“There have been six rider fatalities at 2.3 million fences jumped in international Eventing competitions since 2004.”
“The Action Plan includes:
– Statistical database, to include medical and veterinary data on falls
– A standardised template to achieve consistency in the collection of international data (this will be produced twice a year)
– Compulsory appointment of a National Safety Officer (NSO) by all countries organising international Eventing fixtures to collate statistics and gather information for the FEI in the event of a serious accident
– FEI guidelines on cross-country course design aimed at minimizing risk
– Continuing work on frangible pins and deformable structures for cross-country fences
– Education of everyone involved in the sport of eventing – riders, officials and course designers; risk management will become an integral part of all national seminars
– Increased focus and education about the definition of dangerous riding.”