With the USEF and USEA’s suspension of events expiring on May 3 (unless they opt to extend it), and some parts of the country making plans to lift restrictions and reopen their economies, a few cautiously optimistic USEA horse trials remain on the May calendar. All of these but one, Texas Rose Horse Park H.T., are scheduled for the last weekend of the month.
The closing date for Texas Rose Horse Park Summer H.T. was Tuesday and the event is scheduled to take place in two weeks from now: May 8-9. The state of Texas has been on a stay-at-home order since April 2, with the order scheduled to expire on April 30 unless the governor elects to extend it. If gathering restrictions are put in place, that could prove a stumbling block for the event.
Here are updates for each USEA area:
- No events in May. Next scheduled event is Kent School Spring H.T. (June 21 in Kent, CT)
- Waredaca H.T. (May 30-31 in Gaithersburg, Maryland) — see notes about its status here
- NJ Region’s H.T. (May 30 in Allentown, NJ)
- Carriage House Farm Combined Test (May 31 in Hugo, MN)
- Texas Rose Horse Park Summer H.T. (May 8-9 in Tyler, TX) – closing date was Tuesday, April 21
- No events in May. Next scheduled event is Woodland Stallion Station H.T. (June 13 in Woodland, CA)
- No events in May. Next scheduled events are:
- Inavale Farm H.T. (June 26-28 in Philomath, OR)
- Arrowhead H.T. (June 27-28 in Billings, MT)
- IEA Horse Trials, Classic Training & Novice 3-Day Event (May 28-29 in Edinburgh, IN)
- The Event at Archer (May 29-31 in Cheyenne, WY)
- No events in May. Next scheduled event is: Coconino Summer I H.T. (July 3-5 in Flagstaff, AZ)
You can view an updated list of all U.S. and major international canceled and postponed events here.
Go Eventing (Someday!)