Cancellations Update: Poplar, Majestic Oaks, Galway, Rocking Horse, Morven, Spring Bay, Fair Hill

A number of USEA events put their hands up over the weekend, as the USEA suspended all recognized events for two weeks and the USEF and FEI urged the cancelation of events for 30 days due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The following events have been fully or partially canceled, postponed or modified in format as of Sunday evening, March 15.

Seven more events — Poplar Place, Majestic Oaks, Galway Downs, Rocking Horse, Morven Park, Spring Bay and Fair Hill — released statements over the weekend. Please visit the USEA website for a complete list of statements from events.

March 21-22: Poplar Place Farm March H.T. – Canceled
Released March 14

Based on recent directives from USEF and USEA, Poplar Place Farm will have to cancel our March Horse Trials. Watch for email from the show secretary regarding entry credits.

We were set to run but the health and safety of our competitors, officials, and employees are most important. Thank you for your support.”

March 21-22: Horse Trials at Majestic Oaks – Postponed
Released March 14

Majestic Oaks is following the recommendations from the USEF, USEA and all government agencies with respect to hosting events where there are gatherings of people. Therefore our March Horse Trials is postponed.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this is creating or causing anyone who had set aside March 21-22 2020 as an opportunity to compete in our Horse Trials.

March 27-29: Galway Downs International H.T. – Canceled/Postponed
Released March 14

With the most recent directives from FEI, USEF and USEA we have no choice but to cancel our March 27th-29th International Event and Horse Trials.

Given the unique circumstances we are requesting to add in an International CCI-S 2*, 3*, and 4* event to our existing OI-Intro recognized Spring Horse Trials on May 1st-3rd as well as add an Advanced horse trials.

For those entered into next weekends cancelled event (March 27th-29th) you will have the following options available to you:

Option one: Your existing entry and stabling to be used to compete in our unrecognized March 27th-28th Prelim-Intro horse trials. This would also move any existing consumables (hay, shavings, RV). During this show we will be proceeding with our previous plan to make it a biosecure event.

Option two: Entry credit less stabling to be applied to May 1-3 International Event and Horse Trials. This would also moving any existing consumables (hay, shavings, RV).

Option three: Receive any association fees back and consumables (hay, shavings, tickets, RV). Stabling and entry fee will be lost.

Please contact Rick Dunkerton at [email protected] with what option you would like to proceed with and we thank you all for your support and understanding in this very unique time.

Thank you,
Kellerhouse Presents Team

March 27-29: Rocking Horse Spring H.T. – Canceled
Released March 14

Official Rocking Horse statement regarding coronavirus (COVID-19): In light of the current concern with the coronavirus outbreak, Rocking Horse Spring Horse Trials will now run as a schooling show on Saturday, March 28 & Sunday, March 29, 2020 in accordance with strict guidelines from The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If a competitor decides at any time to scratch their Spring entry before the start of the show, they will be issued a full refund on their entry or it can be forwarded to a future schooling show or recognized show. Please take a moment and notify us how you’d like to proceed with your entry: email us at [email protected].

We will continue to monitor the situation and if any changes should be made, we will be sure to notify you all immediately! Stay safe! Thank you – Rocking Horse Staff

March 28-29: Morven Park Spring H.T. – Canceled
Released March 14

Out of an abundance of caution and compliance with the USEF and USEA requests to suspend equestrian competition, the 2020 Morven Park Spring Horse Trials will be canceled. The annual eventing competition has been held since 1974 and sees hundreds of equestrians competing in dressage, show jumping, and cross-country at one of the first recognized competitions of the season. Spring Horse Trials was scheduled to be held March 28 and 29 at the Morven Park International Equestrian Center.

“In our 46 years of hosting Horse Trials we’ve never had to cancel before,” said Sheryl Williams, Morven Park’s Executive Director. “We’ve seen rainstorms, out of season temperatures, and even a little snow, but there’s no way to weather this. We share in the disappointment felt by the riders that were scheduled to compete, and the owners, trainers, volunteers, and sponsors who have been so supportive of the Morven Park Horse Trials over the years.”

Due to the extenuating circumstances of this cancellation, Morven Park has chosen not to follow the protocol stated in our Omnibus listing and will issue everyone a full refund for their entry and stabling. There will be no administrative fee taken from your refund. Please email [email protected] with the correct name and mailing address that you would like your refund sent to, and we will start to process those on Monday, March 16th.

At this time, we are also canceling our Open Cross-Country Schooling Day on March 30th. We are extremely saddened to be unable to host this event, but hope that everyone will come out to support all of our upcoming equestrian events that are still scheduled to take place starting on April 18th.

In the coming months, Morven Park International Equestrian Center is looking forward to welcoming riders and spectators at the upcoming Summer Show Series for hunter/jumpers, the fourth season of Polo in the Park, and in October for the Morven Park Fall International Horse Trials and CCI.

April 4-5: Spring Bay H.T. – Canceled
Released March 13

It is with the deepest regret I have to announce that we will be canceling Spring Bay this year. Between the USEF announcement and the fact that the Lexington County Parks Department is closing Masterson Station to all organized groups, we have no choice.

We were so excited to offer a good competition, not to mention the first Modified level in Area 8. I know many of us are reeling from the news of so many competitions being lost this spring and the impact of all of this will be unfolding over the next little while.

Everyone will be notified by email with further details and we appreciate your patience as we sort it all out. Rest assured, we will be back and we look forward to seeing you in 2021!

April 10-12: Fair Hill International April H.T. and CCI-S 
Released March 14

Official Statement Regarding COVID-19:
It is with regret that we announce the cancellation of the National Divisions of our April Recognized Horse Trials, scheduled to be held April 10 – 12, 2020 at the Maryland Department of Natural Resources Management Area in Fair Hill. In compliance with the current Maryland State Of Emergency regulations, as well as US Equestrian directives, we feel it is in the best interest of competitors, officials & volunteers to cancel our National divisions at this time.

Fair Hill International is also scheduled to hold FEI divisions (CCI-S 4/3/2*) that same weekend. We will have an announcement on Monday regarding the status of the FEI divisions, as we work to figure out all the details with FEI, USEF, and the Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Please stay tuned.

All competitor entry fees for the National divisions will be refunded. We wish good health & safety to everyone.