We are sorry to report that Stable View in Aiken, SC, has canceled the national divisions of its March 27-28 event; the fate of the FEI divisions are still up in the air but currently accepting entries.
“OFFICIAL STATEMENT REGARDING COVID-19: Stable View has always made horse and human welfare its number one priority, and we have kept a constant watch on developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As previously stated, we had the full intention of running all events unless otherwise advised by governing organizations. Unfortunately, through statements made today by USEF and the FEI, as well as growing pressure from state and federal agencies, we now feel compelled to cancel all National Divisions for the next month. Full repayment will be made to all riders for all fees associated with these entries. This weekend’s Southern Comfort Dressage show remains unaffected.
“For the FEI event scheduled to run March 27-28, we are continuing to take advice. We have been told that upper level riders need to be able to run their horses, in case the Olympics still occur, and that we would be providing a needed service to these riders if the event proceeds. Having taken further advice, we have been told that the event would still count as an FEI qualifier, but not a USEF qualifier, and that we are still allowed to give prize money.
“If we do proceed, we would take as many precautions as possible, including canceling our vendor row and competitors party, and ordering extra hand sanitizing stations. Another option is to run a schooling event on the same course at a reduced entry price. Regardless of which direction we go, we would offer a full refund to riders who would prefer not to come. We are seeking further clarification and will make a further announcement ASAP. At present, our FEI event remains open for entries.”
As of this time, the following USEA recognized events have officially been canceled, postponed or modified.
- Copper Meadows Spring H.T. (March 13-15 in Ramona, CA): canceled or postponed
- Carolina International H.T. (March 19-22 in Raeford, NC): canceled
- Southern Arizona March H.T. (March 20-22 in Tucson, Arizona): canceled
- Designer Builders Stable View Spring CCI-S (March 27-28 in Aiken, SC): national divisions canceled; FEI divisions still open for entries
- Galway Downs International (March 27-29 in Temecula, CA): schedule change/closed to spectators
- CDCTA Spring Horse Trials (April 5 in Berryville, VA): canceled
Click here for a rolling list of equestrian events that have been canceled or postponed.