As an eventer, I always regarded The Fork as a top-class facility where the best event riders would compete at the spring event. Though it hasn’t run at that facility for a number of years, the farm itself still exists and is just as beautiful. This property is about as nice as you can get.
Here’s the description:
The Fork Farm is an exceptional sporting property and working farm located one-hour east of Charlotte, NC. The 1,460± acre farm is a very private landholding that sits at the end of a state-maintained road. It is flanked by the Rocky and Pee Dee Rivers, which join at the southern tip of the property to create the eponymous “Fork”.
A tribute to classic European field sport estates, The Fork’s multiple land uses and best-in-class components overlap effortlessly. No single pursuit defines the farm, although among the standouts are world-class equestrian facilities, highly productive quail and waterfowl programs, and multiple sporting clay and shooting courses. The quality of the operations and flexible land uses are a testament to the management and planning of the current ownership. In addition to its enviable sporting reputation, the farm has been routinely recognized for its outstanding conservation efforts. Extensive improvements are spread throughout the farm, including a main house, guest lodge, farm buildings, and phenomenal stable. The Fork proves the sum is greater than any one of its parts and represents a real estate offering of the highest caliber.
- 1,460± acres
- 12,100± square foot, 15-stall stable with numerous amenities
- Extensive equestrian improvements, including 4 outdoor riding arenas (2 with all-weather footing) and cross-country course
- Exceptional hunting and wildlife, including intensively managed upland habitat, timber, shallow water impoundments, and dove field.
- Two 14-station sporting clay courses, five-stand course, 65-foot tower, and accompanying gun lodge
- 1.9 miles of Pee Dee River frontage
- 1.4 miles of Rocky River frontage
- Main house with connected three-bedroom guest cottage
- The Fork Lodge, a nine-bedroom guest lodge
- The Carriage House, a two-bedroom guest cottage
- Miles of trails and farm roads
- Farm office, kennels, and multiple farm buildings, including a 6,000± square foot heated building
- One-hour east of Charlotte
This property is listed for $20,000,000. To view the full listing, click here.